Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland...

Walking to work on Monday morning!

It's snowing!  Well, not right now, but it has been for the last 3 days.  And it is amazing.  I have never lived anywhere that gets snow before.  I have been anticipating our first snow fall since we arrived on the mountain two weeks ago!  It was fabulous, waking up on Sunday morning to see everything covered in a beautiful white blanket, and to see snow falling from the sky!

I started a temporary job on Monday morning.  I am hoping that it will turn into something permanent, but I won't find our for another two weeks or so.  Fingers crossed, as the hours are flexible and the pay is double what  I would earn elsewhere on the mountain.  Anyway, it was interesting negotiating my way through the ankle deep snow as i walked the 10 minutes to work.  It was quite a change from walking to the train station in Brisbane, that's for sure!  I was surprised I wasn't late for work, as I took my time, taking in the beauty surrounding me. 

I am so excited for the ski season to start.  December 4 can't come soon enough!  My snowboard is patiently waiting in a cupboard for it's first airing.  I can't help looking at it often, and dreaming of hitting our first ski run together!  To say I am excited is an understatement, really.  I am bursting out of my skin!


No comments:

Post a Comment