Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Image from We Heart It

Being an Australian in Canada, this is my first ever Halloween.  It's been an experience driving through town and seeing houses decorated in Halloween stuff, and yesterday I even saw a car driving around downtown with Halloween decorations all over it!  I love how big this 'holiday' is here in North America.  Everyone gets into it, which I think is brilliant.

Tonight we are going to a Halloween party at one of the pubs up here on the mountain.  I am going as a witch, not very original I know, but seeing as I only started looking for a costume yesterday afternoon, there wasn't much left to choose from at WalMart!

It will be good to actually go out and meet some people tonight.  We haven't been to the pub yet, so it should be really fun.  We have been living up here for three weeks now, so it is about time we made some friends!

We've bought some candy in preparation of the trick or treaters.  Not sure if many kids will come around, but better to be safe than sorry.  Who knows what tricks the kids have up their sleeves these days.  And if no one comes to our place, at least I will have some chocolates to munch on!


No comments:

Post a Comment