Friday, November 12, 2010

Note to self...

image from we heart it
You are growing your hair.  Next time you go to the hairdresser, just get a trim.  Do not decide on a whim that you want to go shorter.  Sure, your shorter hair is nice, and it is quicker to blow-dry and straighten, but you love having your hair long.  

For most of my life I have had long hair, there has only been a handful of times where I have decided to 'get the chop' and go shorter.  And I always like it for the first two months, but then decide that I miss my long hair and then end up growing it long.

This was in September 2009, right before I decided to chop most of my hair off.  This was the longest it had been for 2 years, and I loved it.

About two weeks after this photo was taken, I was driving to my bi-monthly hair appointment, and decided, why not get something different this time?  How about you go short?  So I did.  
This is what I ended up with.  And I loved it.  It was so nice going into summer, with shorter hair, the back of my neck was nice and cool, and I didn't sweat myself to death blow-drying and straightening my hair on a warm summer's day.

I loved my new hairstyle for a few months, but eventually decided I wanted my long hair back, as it was much more versatile and didn't need to be 'done' everyday.  But when I got to the hairdresser I got it cut a bit shorter!

Why do I do that?

Anyway, a week before we headed overseas, I was at the hairdresser and said just a trim as I want to grow my hair long.  So for 5 months I didn't get a haircut (gross I know, but I was traveling), and it grew a fair bit.  

When we went back to Brisbane for a visit at the end of September, I went to the hairdresser.  I was feeling a bit emotional and thought, stuff it, just cut it again.  So I did.


And of course, after about a month, I have decided that I want to grow my hair long again!

It's a vicious cycle I know.  So I am putting it out there publicly that I AM (AND WILL) grow my hair.  This is the length and style I want to achieve...
image from we heart it
(Yes, that is Kim Kardashian, and I am not ashamed to admit that I heart her).  

Am I the only person who does this?  I do hate the 'growing out' stage, and it bugs me that it takes over a year for my hair to get long.  But other than getting hair extensions (not in my budget unfortunately), I will just have to patiently wait, and NOT get too much length taken off when I get my haircut.  

Who knows, this time next year, I might be sporting some lovely long and luscious locks!

No comments:

Post a Comment